Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Cat Ate My Homework

I have been well aware since day one that my journey would be cyclical. I take one step forward, 4 steps back, 2 steps forward, 2 steps back, 4 steps forward, 1 step back.


My tears have returned. This time not because of my past relationship, nor is it because of my lack of relationship. The tears are falling because it has just dawned on me that all I really need is to be loved. Not in the biblical sense, just appreciated for who I am. For what I bring to the world each day. I know that this all starts with loving myself - which I must admit has improved greatly - but sometimes I just need a 'thank you'.


I just feel like I have reached a point where everyone is taking and no one is giving anything back. I feel so drained and alone. I somehow need to find the strength within me to recharge my batteries, but I am not sure how to do this.


Perhaps it is just a bad day or lack of sleep talking, but on days like this I feel that I am the only person in the world that I can count on. So what do you do when the only person you can count on is yourself and you are having a bad day? Well, the way I see it, there is only one thing that I can do, dry my eyes, make my coffee and head off to work. I just have to make it through the day.


The nice thing is that tomorrow is another day and I get a "do over". This means that a bad day is just that - one day - and tomorrow I get another chance to have a better day.


Peace


P.S. My cat literally ate my journal book. Not only did he chew the pages but he pulled out all the spiral wiring holding the pages together. The bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment