Sunday 29 May 2016

All In The Mind

I've started to figure out why I have such a hard time writing when everything is going well for me. It's because I am living in the moment. The now. I am present.

There are no thoughts swimming through my head. I am just existing. Sure there are still emotions - happiness, sadness, anger, annoyance - all of these are fleeting, like butterflies on a windy day.

Everything is symbiotic. It doesn't mean that everything is wonderful, just peaceful, and my brain is quiet. Deep inside me I know that everything will be fine. Some call it optimistic, I believe that if it is meant to be, it will be. If it's not meant to be things will change.

When things are going well I have no internal issues to resolve. They just seem to resolve themselves with little to no effort. Decisions are simple - yes or no. Focus comes readily for me. So, when you think about it, what is there to write about? How cool it is that I don't need to analyze my issues? How awesome it is to look in from the outside?

The challenge for me is about noticing and appreciating the positive feelings while they are happening, not remembering them in the past. I am great at noticing the negative/ unwanted feelings, not so great at savoring the positive/ wanted feelings. So, this is my first attempt at drawing attention to my "good" moods and appreciating the times when things are going well.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment