Tuesday 25 October 2011

The Hippogriff

As I walk through the woods on my journey I have had glimpses of it here and there. It's silhouette showing through the dense brush. Once or twice I have heard stirrings in the underbrush. The other day I happened upon a clearing and there in the middle of the clearing it stood. Tall, proud and majestic. I was in awe.

As soon as I saw it I froze, afraid to breathe for fear that I would frighten it back into the woods. I stopped my travels wanting to enjoy this fantastic moment, but I quickly realized that the more I held on to the moment, the faster it would flee, like a frightened rabbit into the underbrush.

I had to find a way to keep this wonderful feeling from disappearing. The 'creature' I had a glimpse of was my "backbone". I have mentioned several times that I am in the process of growing a spine. For the last few weeks now I have noticed that my spine is fully grown and getting stronger every day.

I am no longer afraid to ask for things I need. I am no longer afraid to pass on things that are no good for me, or of no value to me. I BELIEVE that I am worth "it" - whatever "it" may be. And most importantly I am proud of who I am.

I am now "choosing" to avoid people and situations that put me down. I am "choosing" to surround myself with people who have positive self esteem and I am "choosing" to learn from those people 'how' to stand up for myself. I am also "choosing" what battles to fight and which ones to walk away from.

To quote Albus Dumbledor in the Chamber of Secrets ~"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" ~ J.K. Rowling.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to experience this very important self revelation. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete