Tuesday 21 February 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is

Right now I am changing so many things in my life some days it is overwhelming. I am trying to learn to enjoy success, I am trying to change my behaviours, to fulfill my values, I am doing little things daily to bring more happiness into my life. All of these things are a lot of work and sometimes exhausting.

When I started to assess and look at my values I found many of my values were being violated. This to me was the same as being broken. My foundation was cracked. You can't build a house on a cracked foundation without experiencing structural damage down the road. So I am working to fix the cracks in my foundation. I still have a solid base, but there is some reinforcement work required.

As a result of all my personal growth and development my "physical" life sometimes suffers. I have never been a 'clean freak' or an orderly person. I have lived my entire adult life in a familiar state of chaos. I know where to find everything based on the piles of junk. When I tidy up, I am unable to find anything.
An outsider looking into my life may describe me as a slob, a pack rat or even a hoarder - although I know I have no personal attachment to any of the junk. I have noticed that as I have started to focus on my values and begun changing my actions to support my values the physical chaos in my life is beginning to slowly diminish.

I am making a choice to focus on the people in my life right now, instead of my physical surroundings. Myself and my children. Once we are good and solid I will move onto the next project and before you know it this house will be a home. Until then the superficial things in my 'physical' life will have to wait.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment