Tuesday 28 February 2012

Luke - I Am Your Father

I am still working on removing negativity from my life. This is a never ending and difficult task.

As I become happier I notice that more and more people are negative. The social "norm" appears to be to complain about everything. I must admit that I am guilty of this, which is one of the reasons it is so hard to fight off that big black cloud of negativity.

Once someone starts complaining about something the social convention is to contribute to the conversation. Even if you try to turn the conversation in a positive direction the other parties generally resist any change and tend to become more aggressive in their subliminal attempts to bring you down.

Aside from being rude or walking away, I am unsure how to proceed. I am tired of being dragged into the mire. I am trying to live by the 4 rules and to remain positive, but it is not easy.

I find that so many around me will out right tell me that I am in "denial" when I say that I am happy. When I mention that it is a "great day" I am met with a "yeah right - whatever" response. When I am excited about something I begin to hear all the 'what will go wrong' stories.

I for one am thankful for my health and my children's health. I am happy to have a good job that I enjoy most of the time. I appreciate the friendships I have. I am happy to have my own house in a wonderful neighbourhood.

Sure there are lots of things I could complain about, and there are lots of things in my life that could be better.  BUT the flip side is that there are many things in my life that could be much worse!

Again, I come back to - 'you can't control the things that happen to you, all you can do is control how you react to these events'. So I shall continue my battle with the dark forces that surround me as I try to remove the negativity from my personal space.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment