Monday 12 November 2012

Roads Untraveled

When I began my journey of grieving, healing and forgiveness I likened my travels to climbing a mountain. My destination was the top of the mountain. Several months ago I reached the top of my mountain - goal achieved!

As great as it has been to reach my goal I have come to realize that the top of the mountain is only a temporary rest stop for me throughout my travels. Being at the top of the mountain allowed me to see everything clearly, but one thing I did not expect to happen was my need to see the "other side" of the mountain.

Now I have a desire to travel down the other side of the mountain. Could I stay at the top? Perhaps, but where would the fun in that be? I want new challenges, I want new adventures, I want new scenery! Am I scared? Absolutely terrified! I am now travelling not only without a map in uncharted territory but I am also travelling WITHOUT a destination.
Does this mean that I am wandering around aimlessly? No. I may not have any idea where I am headed or how I am going to get there, but I do have BELIEF and HOPE. My belief is in me and my ability to navigate the safest path. My hope is that I will continue to learn, enjoy and be happy regardless of the path that I choose. You NEVER know what is waiting around the corner for you!

I know that there will be wrong turns, road blocks and various other pitfalls during my travels down the mountain. I know I will stumble on more than one occasion. I also know that I will pick myself up, dust myself off and move on. And if for some reason I can't get back up after I have fallen, I know I have a great support system in place to help pick me back up.

I could choose to stay safe and protected on the top of my mountain. Up there I can see it all and no one can touch me without me seeing the attack. Instead I am CHOOSING to jump in - no matter how scary it is or how hurt I might get - and LIVE LIFE! My journey will continue and I won't let my fears stop me now!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment