Monday 17 February 2014

Right Now

Just in case you haven't quite figured it out yet, my "hidden" meaning of my post 2 weeks ago was my 'pity/sorrow' post. Last week was the 'anger' post. So, logically this one is the 'moving on' post.

Have you ever heard of the Darwin Awards? These are awards that are given to people who do incredibly stupid things. Most of the time the stupid "act" results in that individual's death; hence the survival of the fittest name for the reward.

As I move out of my anger stage I need some humour - although I am still a bit cranky as I write this - so I thought a la Darwin Awards I would post my First Date WTF Awards!

Before I begin, I need to add my disclaimer, I know karma and she is a bitch.

1.  I am sure that I am on a least one person's top 5 worst dates list.

2.  95% - 97% of the men I have met were very nice (I did not do the math this time).

3.  Believe me every word is true - this all really happened - this is the life I lead.

Here we go - the contestants for the WTF Awards, in no particular order:

Bachelor #1 - "Wow! you are fatter than you looked in your picture."

Bachelor #2 - This distinguished gentleman proceeded to flirt with and exchange phone numbers with the waitress even before we ordered our drinks - which by the way never were ordered - I left.

Bachelor #3 - After bitching about his spoiled brat 20 something daughters continued his rant about how he is always have to do their laundry and then went off on a tangent as he described how much he liked wearing their thongs.

Bachelor #4 - Did not like what I was wearing so he offered to take me clothes shopping - right there and then. When I said no he asked if we could do that on our second date and if he could try on the same clothes with me.

Bachelor #5 - After discussing tv shows we enjoy watching this sugar daddy proceeded to explain that he no longer had cable as he had not paid his cable bill. He then went on to explain that he was being evicted and asked if he could sleep on my couch.

There you have it folks - which first date should win the WTF Award? And you all wonder why I want to throw in the towel and give up. Remembering these disastrous dates makes me realize these were not even close to my WORST dates. My worst dates are the ones where we get along great, have a fabulous time, schedule a date and time to see each other again and then I never hear from him again.

"Right now, can't find a way to get across the hate when I see you." ~ Korn

Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment