Tuesday 28 June 2016

Death of Seasons

Right or wrong people are far more interested in sadness than happiness. When asked about your weekend the "Fantastic!" answer ends the conversation. The "Horrible!" answer leads to "Why? What happened? Oh no!".

Being a 'helper' this is a behaviour I have observed in myself. Now that I am aware of this behaviour I am trying my best to change it. This is difficult because I really do what to 'help' a friend who had a horrible weekend. As we know life is not always fairy dust and glitter.

I am now also very aware of the opposite scenario. I don't want to "burden" others with my "horrible" weekends. Life is far too short to dwell on the sadness and bad times.


Ultimately its about finding a balance. I know, I know...not easy for an extreme personality like mine. This is my daily battle - which of late I am winning! Things are going well and I am still writing. There have been several bad things happen in my life and I am still positive and optimistic. 

I am doing my best to deal with my personal struggles without sitting and waiting for the 'other shoe to drop'. In fact I am looking forward to the next challenge. I am confident I will rise to the occasion and move through the next bout of struggles with grace and dignity.

"I watch the stars as they fall from the sky. I held a fallen star and it wept for me, dying." ~ AFI

Peace

1 comment:

  1. It's a tough balancing act. Speaking for myself I do my best to ask myself, "Am I sharing something because I truly need support or am I doing it because the support I get will help feed the negative coping process I've been trying my best to wean myself away from?" Instead of posting about something negative I'll post something positive (on my Facebook which is where the majority of my social interaction occurs) instead.

    ReplyDelete