Sunday 19 June 2016

The Conductor

"Break them down, shake their beliefs. I'll show them, show them a believer." ~ AFI"

As I sit here listening to the cardinals sing to each other while the sun is setting I wonder why I have such an instinctual desire to help others. I am curious to know how many animals are altruistic in nature.

There are times when I wish I didn't care. I know that caring is a good thing, yet for some reason lately it feels to me like a weakness.

As I ponder my "happy" times I notices that I am happiest when I am helping others. Improving, changing, inspiring, and showing the 'day to day' from a new perspective. The more of these types of things happening in my daily activities, the more excited I seem to be about life.


This really stinks because most people, myself included, don't like change. Knowing this I have focused my attention on changing and growing myself - something I have been writing about extensively over the last 5 years.

Thing is, I like to share. In my excitement I tend to forget that others are not as eager to improve themselves as I am. Some, as I have written previously, don't see why anyone would changed themselves unless they had confidence issues. I see it as quite the opposite; I am confident and comfortable in my current place and like to 'push' myself outside of that comfort zone.

Sure I sometimes push myself a little too hard. Nonetheless I always find my way back. I also know that I will never stop trying to help others. Perhaps I will learn to be a bit more "selective" on where I focus my energies...awwww who am I kidding, we all know that statement is highly unlikely!

Peace

"And if they didn't drain your life I'll become your conductor. Don't cut the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment