Tuesday 3 January 2012

The New Year Resolution

Once again I find myself physically and emotionally exhausted. Many people have asked me about my New Year's Resolutions. I don't like to break my promises, which is why I don't make New Year's Resolutions.

For fun I started to wonder what my New Year Resolution would be if I were to make one. So I started with looking up the definition of resolution. Resolution: firm determination; firmness of purpose; a course of action; a fixed purpose.

After reading the definition I realized that I have been resolute in grieving and forgiving over the last 2 years. I am not sure that I am capable of picking another 'fixed purpose' to work with on a daily basis over the next year given that my current focus, my journey to wellness and self awareness is so emotionally and physically exhaustive.
But if pushed I think I would like to resolve to 'try' in 2012. Fear still seems to be the biggest roadblock on my journey. I realize that "trying" is not a small feat, but I do think it will help me in more ways than one.

To quote Buddha ~ "There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth - not going all the way and not starting". So I resolve to start by "trying" and in turn will see things through all the way, good, bad or ugly.

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy 2012.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment