Monday 3 December 2012

Powerless

Since June I have been walking around with a stupid grin on my face. I giggle to myself, sing aloud, and I am generally in a good mood. Sure I have my moments - we all do - but for the most part I have been happy. It took me a couple of months to identify my emotions. 

Several people told me that it would happen - but I didn't believe them. It was always the same story - "it will happen when you least expect it". They were right! WHAM! Just like that I am head over heels, completely and irrevocably in love!

Yes you read that correctly! I am in love! Let me tell you about her. She is smart, witty, so very cute, much younger looking than her 43 years and the mother of 2 lovely children. She loves photography, music, all kinds of animals, and nature. Her favourite movies are kids cartoons, she collects books like there is no tomorrow and she has a stationary obsession. She is a great big kid at heart! Now, she is not perfect - the only perfect woman is named Barbie - I believe you can find a blow up version of her in your local Stag Shop.


Let me get back to my new found love. Yes she gets angry and cranky but most of the time she sees the positive in everything. I have to admit that loving yourself is a WONDERFUL feeling. I wonder how many people truly love who they are - good, bad and ugly? It has taken me SO MANY years to get to this point, but I would not have traded it for the world!

I know that I will continue to have self doubt and some negativity but that is to be expected. I have learned to trust my instincts and listen to my inner voice. I can now clearly hear myself. There are times when my voice does get drown out by others, but I have learned how to 'silence' the negative voices!

I am no longer powerless! I know that I can handle anything life sends my way. I am not naive enough to believe that I will have no issues or struggles - I am just confident that I will figure out a way to confront my issues and find a way to resolve them.

Love is a powerful emotion and love for oneself is perhaps second only to the love for your children. It allows you to accomplish more than you could ever imagine. And there is no better investment of your time and energy than loving YOURSELF!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment