Monday 22 April 2013

Enough

It never fails! As soon as I throw in the towel and "stop" dating I have more coffee requests than I have days of the week. I have been trying the "multiple" meeting people thing and it has been DISASTROUS! Four coffee meet ups in two days - managed to mess up the names, ages and occupations. How disrespectful! So as with everything in life - I have learned from my mistakes - but I do have to say it was kind of funny considering I am always a detail oriented person...

I am still meeting 'multiple' people but I am not trying to "cram" these meetings into one weekend. If someone really is interested in getting to know me then they will also have to be willing to wait and take their time. This approach has been far more successful for me and I am glad to say that I am FINALLY having a GREAT TIME!

Having created a better 'screening' process I have started to encounter a different type of concern from the men I meet. Things are going well. We go out a several times over a couple of weeks and then we get to the topic that inevitably ends in "you are really great but..." The "but" in this case is that I have not been in enough relationships.
I feel like I did when I was looking for my first job. "We are sorry Miss but we can't hire you because you have no experience". "But sir, if no one will hire me how am I supposed to get experience?". "Well Miss, you could always volunteer". Ummmm yeah, NO!

So I sit here wondering - How many men must I have kissed to be "dateable"? How many men must I have slept with to be "dateable"? How many times must my heart have been broken to be "dateable"? Because I married my high school sweetheart does that automatically make me damaged goods?

~"When your [hopes] have died. And there's no more pride. When your soul is frozen. Is then enough? When your heart is broken a thousand times. With every moment. Is then enough?" ~Disturbed

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment