Monday 29 April 2013

Goody Two Shoes

Okay so I won't bore you with all the fun stuff I have been doing. My co-workers have to suffer enough - some days they require a flow chart just to keep track of things. With my recent 'rediscovery' of my "WHO CARES" attitude I have been doing many things I either haven't done in years or have never done.

You might think - yeah so? The thing is - despite my common adjectives of crazy, insane, or certifiable - I am actually more of a 'goody two shoes'. Don't drink, don't smoke - what do you do? I was recently invited to the drive-in...on a WORK night! A double feature that would keep me out WAY past midnight (you know I turn into a pumpkin at 10). Nonetheless my "who cares" attitude said "why not"!

When I originally agreed to go to the movies it was because a movie I really wanted to see was playing - Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - and the other movie was GI Joe. However, come show time Hansel & Gretel had been replaced by Olympus has Fallen. 

Oh well, I was not about to let a little thing like that get me down. I am sure you are all scratching your heads wondering 'what the heck' is so much fun about this...see, I am NOT a movie buff. I enjoy going to see movies but there are very few movies that I HAVE to see. To be honest there are not many movies that I have seen nor do I have an interest in seeing. Add to the cost of seeing movies in the theatre, the whole CGI, IMAX and Dolby sound is completely lost on me. I am just as happy watching a movie on my television as I am in the theatre. Oh and one last thing - that the majority of my movie going friends will not tolerate - I like to talk during movies especially if they are silly.
So as the first movie started I made a few comments and was pleasantly surprised to find my cohort was willing to banter with me. By the time the second movie started we were discussing how we could get our hands on the gravity defying bullets. We pondered why the Joes were wearing green camouflage when they were in the 'brown' desert. What was it with the North Koreans? And most importantly why GI Jane had so much cleavage showing when she was supposed to be blending into the surroundings - although her skin tone did match the sand in the desert!

Between the movies my partner in crime and I got great delight in shining the headlights into the backseat of the car in front of us. A young couple was getting 'busy' back there. It was one of those rare moments where I was glad to be a 'mature' adult. I am sure they were more than pissed with me.

It was so much fun to be out, breaking all the rules. We sang the 'snack bar' song. We were loud and laughing throughout both movies but never got 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhed' once! The only thing we didn't do was play on the swings...maybe next time. Oh and Ms Goody Two Shoes wore two different shoes by mistake!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment