Saturday 3 September 2011

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service

I find myself wondering if I am a dating "snob". I have a hard time taking compliments from men who are shirtless in their pictures. You know what - news flash - some things are better left to the imagination.

Through my online dating adventures I honestly try not to judge a book by its cover, but some of the things I see and read just boggle my mind. I get that no one is perfect, but quite often proof reading would be a first simple step to success. You wouldn't believe how many men want to get to 'no' me. I'm sorry, but there are typos and type nos.

While I am on the topic of "um...no", I wonder what exactly I would have in common with someone 20 years my senior? Or junior for that matter. Yes, I know many people who are with someone older - but these are men I have never met or chatted with and apparently I am the woman of their dreams.

Does it make me a dating snob because I have standards, expectations and basic requirements? I'm looking for a partner to share my life with, for an equal, a life companion. All of these things imply that my future partner should be intelligent, employed and have all his teeth - should it not? Or am I expecting too much? I guess I just expect my future partner to be on a par with me. Does this make me a snob?

I am a kind, intelligent, loving, caring, financially stable woman - do I not deserve the same in a man? I think I do. Does that make me a shallow person? Perhaps it does - but there is something to be said for similarities. Opposites may attract but what is left when the flames die down? I am at the point in my life where I will take an intelligent stimulating conversation over attraction any day.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment