Sunday 4 September 2011

TOD: 01:27 20110904

A friend of mine explained to me that in Project Management there are times when time of death (TOD) needs to be called on the project. This happens when the cost of the project - required resources, time, materials - outweigh the benefits of implementation. This can happen in projects that have been ongoing or just getting off the ground.

Working on many projects and having a very analytical mind I have applied this concept to relationships - or specifically 'potential' relationships. After having date after date cancelled and managing to meet twice over a 3 week period I have decided to call TOD.

This was not an easy decision, as there was 'potential' there; however, to me respect and communication are key factors in a relationship. Without these elements the relationship is doomed to fail. Over the last few weeks communication between 'coffee dates' has been like pulling teeth. When we meet face to face neither of us can stop talking, but in between meetings there were issues.

So I have decided to pack it in and move on. Am I upset? Yes. Do I wish I knew what went wrong? Absolutely. But the one thing that I do know is how far I have travelled in my journey. The fact that I can identify and call TOD before too much time and resources have been invested in the project is amazing and something I am proud of.

When I meet my responsible, honest and loving partner our relationship will be easy - not a struggle. There will be respect and communication even when we are not face to face. So, I am back online and off to meet another potential suitor for coffee.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment