Thursday 1 September 2011

Your Table of 8 Is Now Ready to be Seated

Thank you for being a friend. This line sums it all up. After spinning my wheels all month doing a 'pity' dance my friends gave me the ass whooping I needed.

They reminded me that I am not who my ex-husband says I am, I am me. They reminded me that what my ex-husband does is no reflection on me, it's his choice. Most importantly they reminded me to love myself - and I when I don't know how to - that they are there to show me.

How do you tell someone that you admire and respect them without coming across as insincere or phony, never mind corny or sappy? Bromance movies attempt to deal with this subject in a comedic way. Chick flicks deal with the situation head on, but either way, we all know life is not a movie.
I have decided 2 things. First, I give my friends permission to tell me to "suck it up and move on". I believe that I have moved past the 'hand holding' stage and what I required most now is a reality check. I need to stop idealizing the past and see it for what it truly was - and my friends, having been there, can remind me of that. When I am moping PLEASE REMIND ME - I give you all permission - you have it in writing.

Secondly I have decided to create yet another list (I love lists!). A list of all the people who have helped me throughout my journey. My intention is to isolate the trait that I admire the most for each person on the list. I know, this is not going to be easy.

In addition to isolating the one trait I admire most I am going to challenge myself to tell each and every person "what" I admire about them. This will be the most challenging piece for me because I want it to be sincere, not hokey, as I am truly thankful for all the help and positive energy I have received from all my friends throughout my journey.

I love you man!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment