Friday 2 September 2011

Three Strikes and You're Out!

According to Merrian-Webster the definition of respect (noun) is an act of giving particular attention: CONSIDERATION; a willingness to show appreciation or consideration.

Some people seek the ever elusive butterfly called 'happiness', whereas I seek the beast called 'respect'. Respect has several meanings and means different things to different people. To me respect means treating others as you want to be treated.
Why is it so hard for some people to be respectful? Is it because they don't want to hurt my feelings by telling me the truth? Is it because they honestly don't know that they are being disrespectful? I give up. Your guess is as good as mine.

Does everyone really have a different opinion of what 'respect' means or does it have a universal meaning? Perhaps many consider me to be 'too sensitive', but if you have plans to go out somewhere and those plans change the respectful thing to do is to let the other person know something has come up and cancel.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment