Friday 23 September 2011

A Dish Best Served Cold

Revenge.  I have heard this several times throughout my journey "The best revenge is living a good life". This saying has always frustrated me to no end. How the heck I am supposed to live a good life when my ex-husband is happier without me than with me and I can't seem to get past a second date with anyone? A good life means my life has to be better than his right?

WRONG! I have never thought of myself as an idiot, but let me tell you, I certainly feel like one right now. I was too wrapped up in 'besting' my ex that I couldn't see that I was not only living a good life, but living an AMAZING life. I have finally realized that I have never been happier in my life.

I have wonderful and supportive friends who think the world of me. I have the most respectful and beautiful children who think the world of me. I have a steady income which allows me to buy my $4.26 note books and keeps a roof over my head. On top of all of these things I have finally realized that I am happy with who I am. I am finally seeing what everyone around me has always seen.

For the last month or so I have had so many people comment on my profile pictures saying how happy I look in them. I have had co-workers comment on how happy my voice mail sounds. Friends have mentioned how relaxed and stress free I look. For the longest time I kept thinking that they were humouring me or being sarcastic, now I finally get it - I look and sound happy because I AM HAPPY!

What I also see now is that 'living a good life' does not mean having things like a boyfriend, lots of money or a fancy car, it means being truly happy from the inside out, not just shiny on the surface.

My wish for everyone reading this post is to strive to live a good life and get rid of the superficial happiness.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment