Saturday 6 August 2011

The Band-Aid is Coming Off!

I think it's time for another 'thank you' message. I would like to thank all of my readers for their words of kindness, support and encouragement. The reason I started these posts was to grieve, heal and forgive. I believe that I have now reached the forgiving stage of my journey.

By forgiveness I don't mean that I accept my ex-husband's indiscretions - I simply mean I am moving on. I think my inability to write for the last 2 days is because I am in the beginning stages of leaving the past and moving forward into my future. I have had nothing to write about because I have moved past the hurt, anger and fear.

What does all of this mean? Well I will liken it to picking at a scab. I believe that sometimes in order to learn from your mistakes you must pick at a scab to create a scar. The scar will always remain a part of you and a reminder, but a scar only forms after the wound has healed.

My wound is starting to heal. I have already picked at it enough to leave a scar. I have reached the point where if I keep picking at it my wound will never heal. I want to heal - so I am choosing to stop picking and let things be.

I am not going to stop writing because I believe everything is cyclical. Although I am quiet excited to start this part of my journey I know my path will once again loop back into the woods, but I am confident that my regressions will become shorter as I continue to move forward into the sunlight.

I may not write about my personal journey but instead try writing about my daily observations on life - or I may only write when I feel the need - I don't want to plan too much, I just want to live!

I really enjoy writing and I am glad that I "stepped out of my comfort zone" and gave this a try. Once again, thank you for everything and stay tuned...

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment