Friday 22 July 2011

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof

Well today is the BIG day! My kids come home. I work up early this morning and was happy. Made it to work early and was happy. Came home from work and was happy. Opened the door and walked in the house and burst into tears.
I was so upset I actually had to call a friend to calm me down. What the heck happened? I should be glad. The kids are coming home and then we are on vacation. Why was I crying uncontrollably?
My friend on the phone mentioned that I was more than likely releasing all the emotions I was holding in all week. Whether I was aware of it or not I was suppressing my emotions. This is something that never ends well for me.
As I sit writing this I have knots in my stomach and I am jumpier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Why is this? I really have no answers. I have no positive or cleaver insight. I have no idea.
Emotions are a funny thing. If we could always control them and understand them I think people would be very boring. So rather than ponder this unknown I intend to focus all my attention on packing and simply bide my time until I hear “Hi! We’re home!”
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment