Monday 25 July 2011

Pay It Forward

Yesterday was going to be my last post. For various reasons I was beginning to feel that starting this endeavour was a colossal mistake. As I went online to post my blog last night there were 2 messages in my inbox.

Both messages conveyed basically the same message, that although my stories did not paralleled the sender's lives, that my stories touched them and encouraged them in many ways. It was as if some cosmic force was telling me "you are doing the right thing".

I have received many emails of encouragement, some from as far as Japan. I treasure each and every word. I am not writing these blogs because I "crave attention" but rather to help myself and others. To quote a sign pointed out to me today "Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world, but in the ability to remake ourselves".

My hope is that everyone who reads my posts will take something away. Whether it is telling someone something they did right instead of wrong, whether it's walking away from negativity or whether it's as simple as trying something "new".

You only get one chance at this life - live it well!

Peace

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your posts. I wish I was brave enough to tell all of my story in a blog, but I'm not. I'm glad you are continuing your blog, and I wish you a bright and happy future!

    Jackie from Treasure Madness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am writing from Argentina. A good friend of mine forwarded "My Table of 8" to me. I was so touched, that I decided to google it. That is how I have found you. Just for you to know that reading your posts have inspired and encouraged me. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete