Saturday 16 July 2011

The Name of My Blog

As my first post on my new blog I thought I would just cover something simple like the name of my blog. I have said this once or twice before (see my previous posts) and I will say it again. I realize that I am not the only person in the world to feel like this – this is how I am coping. Bad things happen to good people. I believe that it is ‘what’ we learn from these events that make us who we are. In addition to writing for ‘mental therapy’ if my words touch anyone in any small way I will be glad. My goal is to keep posting every day until I no longer have a need to post.
Oh - right - how does this tie into the name...well my friend I get a lot of my inspiration from songs and this Aerosmith tune seemed to summarize my story. You have probably heard a lot of the things that I am writing many times before, as I have already alluded to, my story, or as I like to call it 'my journey' is no different than thousands of others out there. Hence the name of my blog site.
Why Blog? In my very first post I said “I am learning to use my skills to push myself out of my comfort zone”. After my first few Notes on Facebook I started to realized that I really wasn’t ‘pushing  myself’ anywhere. Most of the stuff I was posting I have told my friends face to face. Add to this that only Facebook friends could read my Notes – how scary was that? Not very.
I also said that I didn’t care if everyone read my posts or no one read my posts. It would appear that this too matters to me. When I get comments from others it reminds me that I am not alone in my journey. So here I am 'learning' how to post a blog, 'pushing' myself out of my comfort zone and well on my way to healing, grieving and forgiving.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment