Saturday 16 July 2011

My Table of 8


Originally posted July 10, 2011 on Facebook.

I am supposed to pick 8 women who have touched my life and whom I think might participate. Yes, it is a chain email. Why did I feel compelled to forward this email to 10 of my friends? Was it because I was afraid to be cursed by breaking the chain? Was it because I was scared something bad would happen and come my way? No – it’s simple – I liked the quote and the people I sent it to have all touched my life in many different ways.

The quote of the email is as follows “May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." Aside from the grammatical errors this quote mirrors where I am right now in my journey.

If you believe in yourself ~ everyone will believe in you. If you love yourself ~ everyone will love you. If you are happy ~ everyone around you will become happy. This all ties into my Note from yesterday – the vibes you put out into the universe are the vibes you will get back. Or ‘what goes around comes around’. Some of the people I sent this to will just delete the email, while others may take the time to read the content and not forward it. Regardless of what happens I have sent out my positive footprint for the day.

Along this line of thought – perhaps I should be writing a note to each person who had touched my life and thank them for helping me up when I had fallen. Why is it that we have no problem telling people what they have done wrong – but it makes us uncomfortable to tell them what they have done right!

Here is a challenge for everyone (myself included). For one day tell every person that you are in contact with what they have done “right”. See how good it makes you feel. Notice how good it makes the other person feel. I believe that wonderful things will happen.

Peace

6 comments:

  1. Hi Peace Frog.
    Got this email too. I never participate in chain emails but this one seemed so nice. When I looked up "My Table of 8 (Women), " I found your post and liked your idea. I'm going to add it as an addendum.
    Peace back at ya :)
    Clairol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, I also don't like chain emails, and also looked it up on the web, and also like your response to having gotten that email! Cheers,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy to me because after getting a divorce after 15 years, my new boyfriend has the same beliefs as you do on life. Lately, I have been overwhelmed and completely stressed out because of the way my ex has been treating our children and me. My boyfriend just minutes ago told me the EXACT things you wrote. I then went to check my email and I got the chain letter. I didn't want to reply but it was sent by my mother so I had to check it out. SURE am glad I did and as soon as I tell my boyfriend he will say he told me so... Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did a similar thing on facebook, "Because of You". Normally, an accusatory thing, but I went to each of my friends pages and let them know the thing I do because of them. "Because of you, I wear dew-proof booties", "Because of you, I hold the roof of the car up when I go under a train overpass with a train on it", "Because of you I can laugh at myself" stuff like that. Some was deep, some was just fluffy/silly stuff. No superstition, just a "Thanks for helping shape me into who I am today" kind of message. It turned into an amazingly affirming "test". -=PS=-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just received this on WhatsApp from my italian cousin. It all sounds even more beautiful in italian. I also normally don't like chain mails but this one got through my 'chain mail'. The philosophy is already one that resonates with me but I am grateful to be reminded of it
    and will try harder to live by it. However, the thing that was most poignant for me was that my daughter is currently doing a yoga teacher training in India and is studying such a philosophy for the first time in depth. Life affirming and inspirational, it has brought me joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I received this chain mail on the same day my grandfather passed away, my mother clearly upset sent it on to me!!!! I followed the instructions set out.... on the fourth day... my uncle had a heart attack and passed away three days later! (My mothers brother) so forgive me, for suspecting these wicked chain mails should be reported as spam, they pray on the vulnerable, and bring nothing but bad luck!!! So with that, I wish you all a very happy peaceful 2017, may it brings to your lives love, happiness and good health! No need to repeat those words to any amount of people to receive my blessing, it's given with love and sincerity.

    ReplyDelete