Sunday 24 July 2011

Mind Over Matter

Have you ever noticed that our thoughts, or fears, are always worse than the real thing? Why is it that we are so afraid of the unknown? Why is it so difficult to embrace the unknown and just go along for the ride?

Driving up to the cottage I had knots in my stomach until I reached the Muskoka area. It was at this point that all my tension, fears and preconceived ideas just melted away. I was calm, relaxed and at peace.

It was like coming home. I was born in Northern Ontario and although I have lived most of my life in Southern Ontario for some reason I still consider Northern Ontario "home". Perhaps its because of the way it makes me feel inside, perhaps its the memories of my childhood, or perhaps it is just the effect the scenery has on me.

All I know is that as soon as I see the pine trees, the rocks and the peek-a-boo lakes along the highway I feel "whole". So my return to the cottage...was just a trip back home.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment