Saturday 16 July 2011

My Teacher Is Divorced – Do You Want to Meet Him?


Originally posted July 15, 2011 on Facebook.

I find it funny that my children are pushing me to get out and meet men, yet my friends are telling me ‘It will happen when you aren’t looking’, ‘You’ll find love when you least expect it’ or ‘You are trying too hard’.  In this case I think my kids are on the right track.

Do parents say to their kids ‘You should drop out of school, because it will happen when you aren’t looking’? ‘There is no need to pay for an education because you will find a career when you least expect it’. ‘Stop studying, you are trying too hard’. Come on seriously! So why should I walk around with my eyes closed hoping that the man of my dreams one day knocks on my door and asks me forCOFFEE?

Honestly, if I’m not getting out and meeting new people (single/married/male/female) I will never find a suitable companion. Does this mean I will settle for the first bloke that asks me out? Definitely not! I know what I am passionate about and more importantly I know what I don’t want (unlike when I was 16). I know who I am now – although every day I learn more about myself. And I know what R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells (something I only learned recently).

Is there a man of my dreams out there? Probably not. I realize that no one is perfect, nor am I, but I am not looking for perfection. I am looking for honesty, responsibility, lovingness, and laughter. I don’t think my standards are too high, but I refuse to settle for anyone who is looking for a spark, chemistry or a connection. So if you know any single guys my number is....

All kidding aside I know that I have a partner out there and that we will meet through a friend of a friend.  So...I am off to make new friends!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment