Saturday 30 July 2011

Home Sweet Home

The saying is "Home is where the heart is". Right now I have no idea where my heart is, but I do know where my home is. As nice as vacation is, it is always great to be home.

I was chatting with a friend and of course the first question was "How was your vacation?" What do I say? Do I lie and say it was great? Do I complain and say it was miserable? I opt for honesty - it was emotionally draining - it was good and it was bad - all in all it was nice to be away. My friend then asks if I broke down at all. The answer is easy - yes. Instead of sympathy or ridicule I got a simple and loving response "you should have called".
I know I should have called but sometimes I need to know that I can do things on my own and this was one of these times. Yes, I took a few steps backwards, but compared to how far I have travelled on my journey my "breakdown" was nothing but a tiny blip on the radar.

Now I am home. The only thing I don't like about coming home is the laundry.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment